Thursday, November 8, 2007

Counts and Clinical Trials...

Hi all,

Chris is riding out his neutropenic stage (the time after chemo where his white counts/platelets drop very low), and it looks like he might be on the upswing as of today. We're hoping his counts will be back up by the end of the weekend. He has to take it pretty easy while he's neutropenic since he's far more susceptible to infections. So, we've duct taped him to a couch to keep him from messing around the house too much. Kidding. But, Margaret, Lucas, and I are in Des Moines visiting Craig and Rosco while Chris's counts come back.

Annie and I have been busy looking at different clinical trials out there for people with Chris's treatment plan. We've found 3 interesting trials that are meant to help keep patients who have done chemo (instead of transplant) in remission, so this is something we're looking into. Hopefully one of these trials might be something Chris can do.

Hope you all are well.

REMEMBER TO ENCOURAGE FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO BECOME STEM CELL DONORS/CORD BLOOD DONORS TODAY!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, Annie, Mina and Family,

First it is great to hear that Chris is doing well.
Second, Mina your blog came through in my bulk mail folder which I don't check to often. Due to the length of your mailing list spam guards may be activated. I believe there are ways around this by using bcc for your list. Not sure but you may want to try it.

We're doing OK....they're pulling me off medications slowly but surely. My blood numbers are good and my energy level is doing better. So far so good.

Chris you be sure to take it easy. Listen to your body and don't overdo. When your up to it we'll come over for visit.

All Our Love,

Bob and Karen

Brad Aspel said...

Hi,
Yasmina posted a comment on my blog asking about my experience with AML. However, she didn't leave a contact e-mail so I am posting here.
First, I am very sorry about your having to fight this disease Chris, but it sounds like you are doing very well. I was diagnosed Dec. 29, 2006 so it sounds like we are very close in treatments, though I had a bone marrow transplant rather than multiple consolidation chemotherapy treatments. There are particular reasons why they went to transplant with me which I am happy to talk with you or Yasmina about. My contact is brad.aspel@gmail.com
My thoughts are with you, Chris. You will beat this and I look forward to seeing you at the survivor parties (though I like the term "conqueror" better than "survivor.")
Best,
Brad

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Chris is doing well! You know, Roscoe is heavy enough that he can keep Chris pinned to the couch--and he's far more delightful than duct tape. (Well, most things are...but Roscoe is certainly at the top of that list.)

Take care, all!